Getting Started with Alyce for Chrome
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about how to use the Alyce for Chrome! This guide is designed to help walk you through getting started and explains some key features.
If you have not yet installed Alyce for Chrome, get detailed instructions on how to do so here.
After you've installed Alyce for Chrome, navigate to Gmail or LinkedIn inside of your Chrome browser. After the page loads, you should see a new Alyce hummingbird icon on the right side of your screen.
This icon will be persistent throughout your experience inside of Gmail and LinkedIn and will give you the ability to see if Alyce has any research on your contacts.
Using Alyce for Chrome
The Alyce for Chrome panel will dynamically update depending on where you are inside of Gmail or LinkedIn, so let's walk through the different states you can expect to see:
Protip: You can get to any of these states regardless of where you are inside of Gmail or LinkedIn, however, we optimized the experience so that Alyce for Chrome will always show the most valuable information on the page you're looking at.
Default Gmail View (No Open Emails)
1. If you click on the Alyce hummingbird icon, the panel that will appear is a view of all gifts you've sent out and their statuses (Your activity view)
2. From this "Activity" view, you can see all of the gifts you've sent out in a chronological list. You have the ability to quickly filter this view based on the following statuses: Options Ready, Invite Viewed, and Invite Delivered.
Looking for other filters? Click on the filter icon next to the search field to see a full list of filters.
3. Clicking on the "Contacts" tab will bring you to the contacts view. This view is a list of all of the contacts you have inside of Alyce. By default, this view is listed by name (last name, alphabetically) and can be sorted by company if you'd prefer.
4. If you're looking for more insight about a certain contact, all you need to do it click on their name. Doing so will update the panel to show the contact's Alyce profile. From here you can see:
- Basic contact information
- Complete gifting history
- All Alyce research
- Links to their social media profiles
- Ability to send a gift
5. Clicking on the "History" tab (or view detailed gift history) will update the panel with all of the current (and past) gift history for this contact. By default, the most recent gift details will be opened automatically. To view past gift history, all you need to do is click on the gift name and the information will expand
Within Individual Emails
1. If you open an email, you may notice that Alyce appends a hummingbird to each of your contacts names. If you hover over those icons, you'll notice you get a quick peek at their information.
2. If you toggle the panel now (or if you've had the panel opened), you'll notice that the panel has updated to only show the contacts inside of that email (sorted alphabetically)
Protip: If you're looking for all of your contacts, you'll need to go back to your inbox for the Alyce for Chrome panel to update.
3. From here, you can click on the contacts name for more information. Doing so will update the panel to show the contacts Alyce profile. From here, you can see their basic contact information, all of their gifting history, all of the Alyce research, links to their social media profiles, and even the ability to send a gift.
4. Clicking on the history tab (or view detailed gift history) will update the panel with all of the current (and past) gift history for this contact. By default, the most recent gift details will be opened automatically. To view past gift history, all you need to do is click on the gift name and the information will expand