NOTE: This instruction guide is for versions of the Alyce for Salesforce package 1.80 or greater (the New Experience).
Alyce for Salesforce
Version 1.80 or higher
Option 1: Automatically Connect Alyce Campaigns in Salesforce via Salesforce integration settings
NOTE: This is the required approach for Activate and Swag campaigns
Allowing Alyce to automatically create campaigns in Salesforce ensures information is properly connected with as little manual intervention as possible. Turning this feature on means all new campaigns created at Alyce.com, from the time of configuration forward, are automatically be created, with the same name, in Salesforce.
To turn on the feature:
- Navigate to Step 7 in the Alyce Administration Panel within Salesforce
- Click modify at the right, then check the box "Enable Alyce to automatically create campaigns in Salesforce"
- If your instance of Salesforce has required fields for campaign creation, specify default values by using the "Add Required Field" button. NOTE: If default values are not provided for required fields, the campaign will NOT create in Salesforce.
Once this has been turned on by your admin:
- Log into Alyce.com to create your campaign (Campaign settings -> Create campaign)
- Set up your campaign as you normally would.
- Upload your contact(s) into the campaign.
- Within 1 hour or less you should see your campaign created in Salesforce and campaign members and member statuses will be loaded in as well.
Option 2: Manually Connect Salesforce campaigns to Alyce in Salesforce
NOTE: This method works for Personal Gifting Campaigns ONLY - if you are leveraging Activate campaigns this option will not work.
While this is a valid way to make the connection, it does require manual motions and the steps below must be followed exactly.
- Create your campaign in Salesforce, NOT at Alyce.com
- Do NOT add contacts or leads to the campaign in Salesforce
- Open the campaign detail screen and scroll down to the Alyce Gift visual window.
- Then click on the “Connect with Alyce” blue button.
You will then be brought to a screen where you will assign an Alyce team and campaign owner.
Once completed, this is what you will see in Salesforce in the Alyce window:
Next, navigate to Alyce.com to ensure you see your campaign in the dashboard. From there, you can finish configuring your campaign.