Installing the Alyce for Marketo Integration
Please note that you will need to be an Organization Administrator for your Alyce instance. Please reach out to [email protected] and your Customer Success Manager assistance.
To set up the integration, you will need to make sure you have an Alyce user account and a Marketo user with admin rights, as well as these three pieces of information from your Marketo account:
- REST API Endpoint
- Client ID
- Client Secret
First, login to your Marketo account here.
Find your REST API Endpoint
- Click Admin in the top right of the screen
- Click Web Services on the sidebar
- Find the REST API Endpoint in the REST API box
Create a new Marketo User with a custom role
For accessing both your Client ID and Client Secret, you’ll first have to create a new User who is assigned a custom Role with the correct API access permissions in Marketo.
1. Click Admin in the top right of the screen.
2. Click Users & Roles on the sidebar (under Security).
3. Click the Roles tab and then create a new role by clicking New Role.
4. In Permissions, click on ”+” to expand Access API and check the boxes for
Read-Write Activity Metadata
Read-Only Custom Object
Read-Write Custom Object
Read-Only Custom Object Type
Read-Write Custom Object Type
(Suggested Role Name: Alyce Role, Suggested Description: API Access)
5. Click Create and you should now see your new User Role listed. You can double click to edit this at any time. For now, there are still no Users assigned this Role.
Next, create an API-Only User to assign the role to. To do so:
- Click theUserstab.
- Invite a New User by clicking the Invite New User button.
- Create a new user. For example:
Email: [email protected]
First Name: API
Last Name: User
Reason: Alyce User
Access Expires: Never
- On theStep 2: Permissionsstep, assign an API-Only User to the New Role.
- Check the box forAPI Only. Then hit Next.
- Click Send, which you should be able to because an Invitation won't be required for API only access.
- After successfully doing so, the User that you just invited should appear at the bottom of yourUsers list.
Create a new Service for Alyce in Marketo to find your Client ID and Client Secret
- ClickLaunchPointfrom the sidebar. (If you are unfamiliar with how LaunchPoint works, refer to Marketo's description here.)
- Create a new Service using the toolbar dropdown labeled New:
- SelectCustomfor the Service, and forAPI Only User, select the new API-only user that you just created and assigned the new custom role to. Our suggested description is "Service to allow Alyce access".
- After clickingCreateto complete adding the new Service, the Alyce Integration should again be listed at the bottom of the table list. Finally, you can clickView Detailsto find both your Client ID and Client Secret.
Connecting the Integration in Alyce
Once you have yourREST API Endpoint,Client ID, andClient Secret, navigate in Alyce to your user drop-down > Organization Settings > Integrations > Marketo and click Connect.
Input your REST API Endpoint, Client ID, and Client Secret in the three text fields provided then click the Connect Integration button.
Once you're successfully connected, the app should look like this:
Enable custom objects to leverage gift data (currently gift name and URL) for personalized follow-up.
Select the custom activities (gift statuses) want to sync directly from Alyce to Marketo as well.
|Note: Your Marketo subscription dictates the number of Custom Activities available to you. Trouble connecting to all Alyce activities is normally indicative of having reached your limit. Please work with your CSM to select the necessary subset of activities or your Marketo contact to increase your Custom Activities limit.|
Disconnecting your Marketo Integration
If you choose to Disconnect the Marketo Integration, you can click the Disconnect integration button within the Marketo integration settings page.