Installing the Alyce for Marketo Integration
Please note that you will need to be an Organization Administrator for your Alyce instance. Please reach out to [email protected] and your Customer Success Manager assistance.
To set up the integration, you will need to make sure you have an Alyce user account and a Marketo user with admin rights, as well as these three pieces of information from your Marketo account:
- REST API Endpoint
- Client ID
- Client Secret
First, login to your Marketo account here.
Find your REST API Endpoint
- Click Admin in the top right of the screen
- Click Web Services on the sidebar
Find the REST API Endpoint in the REST API box
Create a new Marketo User with a custom role
For accessing both your Client ID and Client Secret, you’ll first have to create a new User who is assigned a custom Role with the correct API access permissions in Marketo.
1. Click Admin in the top right of the screen.
2. Click Users & Roles on the sidebar (under Security).
3. Click the Roles tab and then create a new role by clicking New Role.
4. In Permissions, click on ”+” to expand Access API and check the boxes for Read-Write Activity Read-Write Activity Metadata Read-Write Assets Read-Write Person Read-Only Custom Object Read-Write Custom Object Read-Only Custom Object Type Read-Write Custom Object Type
(Suggested Role Name: Alyce Role, Suggested Description: API Access)
Next, create an API-Only User to assign the role to. To do so:
- Click the Users tab.
- Invite a New User by clicking the Invite New User button.
Create a new user. For example:
Email: [email protected]
First Name: API
Last Name: User
Reason: Alyce User
Access Expires: Never
- On the Step 2: Permissions step, assign an API-Only User to the New Role.
- Expand the box for API Only.
- Make sure that the desired workspace(s) as well as the Default workspace are checked. ('Default' provides access to the root folder which you must have access to in order to access folders under specific workspaces.)
Click Send, which you should be able to because an Invitation won't be required for API only access.
- After successfully doing so, the User that you just invited should appear at the bottom of yourUsers list.
Create a new Service for Alyce in Marketo to find your Client ID and Client Secret
- Click LaunchPoint from the sidebar. (If you are unfamiliar with how LaunchPoint works, refer to Marketo's description here.)
- Create a new Service using the toolbar dropdown labeled New:
- Select Custom for the Service, and forAPI Only User, select the new API-only user that you just created and assigned the new custom role to. Our suggested description is "Service to allow Alyce access".
After clicking Create to complete adding the new Service, the Alyce Integration should again be listed at the bottom of the table list. Finally, you can clickView Details to find both your Client ID and Client Secret.
Connecting the Integration in Alyce
Once you're successfully connected, the app should look like this:
|Note: Your Marketo subscription dictates the number of Custom Activities available to you. Trouble connecting to all Alyce activities is normally indicative of having reached your limit. Please work with your CSM to select the necessary subset of activities or your Marketo contact to increase your Custom Activities limit.|
Disconnecting your Marketo Integration