Salesforce Synchronize All Gifts and Customization
Over time you may run in to issues with your Salesforce instance that cause gifts to fall out of sync with Alyce. Within packages 1.85+ you can synchronize an individual gift from the gift details page but if you need to synchronize more gifts, you may wish to perform a larger sync. This can be done within the Alyce Administration page.
Please note: If you have a large volume of Alyce gifts, this may take a significant amount of time. The default settings are 100 gifts synchronized every 5 minutes and campaigns synchronized every 10 minutes.
How to Synchronize All?
- To initiate a Sync All gifts you can head to the Alyce Administration page in Salesforce
- From this page click Modify in Step 3
- This will reveal the "Synchronize All Gifts" button across the bottom. Clicking that button will initiate a full synchronization.
To modify settings you'll start by:
- Head to Develop > Custom Settings
- Click "Manage" next to Alyce Batch Job Schedule
- Under "AlyceBulkGiftDataCheck" click "Edit"
- On this page you will see a number of options
Name - Default job name, not recommended to edit
Limit - The number of gifts to sync each job. On package 1.85+ this limit can be as high as 250.
Minutes Before Next Run - The time period between jobs, the default is every 5 minutes
Offset - How many gifts to skip. This can be useful if you need to do a partial sync. As an example if you have sent 12,000 gifts but want to only sync the most recent 2,000 the offset would be 10,000.
Schedule ID - Out of box setting, do not change.
Synchronize All - This should be selected if you kicked off a full sync before entering this settings page. Not recommended to set this manually.
Total Number Of Items - Not a recommended setting and should be blank unless instructed by our team.