How to send a gift invitation through Salesforce
Sending a gift in Salesforce is a lot like sending a gift in Alyce. It can be easily done with these simple steps:
1. Within your salesforce instance, find the contact to whom you want to send a gift:
2. Click “send Alyce Gift” to the right of the contact record
3. A new window will pop up prompting you to follow the Alyce gifting flow. Start by selecting the campaign from which you want the gift to be sent.
4. If you have requested research on a contact, you’ll be redirected back to the contact page in Salesforce. In this case wait for the research to come in.
To monitor contacts for completed research, navigate to gift options in the “gifts” tab, use the related list in the contact record, or use Gift Selection Ready Report .Please note: If you are not requesting research, skip to step 6.
5. Once the research is complete, click the arrow beside “Choose Gift Option” in the top bar to sort ready gifts at the top. Scroll through to find your gift and click on “Choose Options” beside the gift to continue the gift flow.
6. Inside the gift flow in Alyce, choose one of the options Alyce recommends (shown below), or select “Choose your own” to browse all gift options in the marketplace.
7. Next, select from the invitation types available and click “Set Method.”Please note: depending on the configuration of your campaign, not all of these gift invitation options may be available.
8. The next step is writing a message to include in your gift invitation. Choose from the templates already included with this campaign company provides or select “Blank Template” to write your own.
In this step you can choose to send this message from yourself, or send it as someone else.
Tip: To add personalization to your message, click “Insert custom data” and choose from personalization tokens to auto-populate in your message.
9. To see a preview of your message, click “View message” or to see the custom recipient landing page, click “View landing page.” Once you’ve reviewed your message and are ready to continue with the gifting flow, click “set message and continue”
10. If this campaign includes required actions, you can configure additional actions for the gift recipient to take before accepting a gift.
Those actions include: the recipient submitting their phone number, email, setting a meeting, answering questions, or agreeing to terms.
At the end of this step you can also choose what recipients can do with their gift.Pro-tip: We strongly encourage you to keep your gift settings to “accept, exchange, or donate their gift.” By giving the gift recipient the option to choose ensures they get a gift they enjoy, and you gain valuable insight into their personal interests.
Once your gift configurations are final, click “Continue.”
11. In the last step Alyce will remind you to review your message and landing page. If you haven’t already done so, this is a great time to look for any misspelled words or details. You are now ready to send off your gift. Check the box confirming the message looks good, and click “Send Invite.”
Important note: Do NOT close the window pictured below until the app has returned you "back to Salesforce". This MAY result in the gift not being associated with the appropriate contact or lead in Salesforce, which will then entail a manual association, taking time away from your day! :).
Tip: Include the Gift URL in any follow up before the recipient accepts a gift to optimize conversion. The Gift Invite URL is a link to the recipient’s custom gift page. It gives recipients quick access to their gift, so they don’t have to search for it.
Don’t worry about copying it now, the gift invite URL will show on the gift confirmation page and it can be accessed at any time on the contact record or gift record.